HPE ControlPoint is an advanced file analysis tool, analyzes data and provides automated categorization and policy application. This eliminates manual, error-prone processes and simplifies the migration, retention, or deletion of enterprise information according to policy.
With HPE solutions, you can connect and better manage the data in your systems to gain control over information assets across your enterprise. HPE ControlPoint uses the HPE IDOL (Intelligent Data Operating Layer) Connector framework to identify, analyze, and control diverse types of information stored in enterprise repositories. ControlPoint helps you to categorize information and apply policy to content indexed by IDOL. A dashboard-style display provides valuable business insight into the themes, locations, and value of your information.
As a compliance and information governance tool for all connected data sources, ControlPoint simplifies the definition and application of policy—regardless of data format or location.
ControlPoint’s connectors to file shares, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange and HPE Records Manager provide powerful capabilities to search for, find and reveal information, which ControlPoint can then manage in place – so there’s no need to transfer data from existing repositories. Your data is left in place, classified and put under policy control until it is due for disposition.
The file analysis software, HPE ControlPoint, is part of an integrated policy-based platform that enables you to manage all enterprise information, so you get more value from active and legacy data.
HPE ControlPoint helps you to:
• Identify, analyze, and classify information across disparate repositories and various file types
• Present data and file analysis graphically via management dashboards
• Dispose, migrate, and store information based on policy
• Optimize storage utilization, performance, and accessibility
• Address business-sensitive and compliance-driven information collections
• Scale up with business and platform requirements
Key features include:
* Information Lifecycle Governance- Automated policy application governs all aspects of the information lifecycle, including retention, storage management and ultimately disposition
* De-duplication – Minimise storage costs and reduce discovery times by removing duplicates and near duplicates
* eDiscovery Preparation – Reduce eDiscovery complexity, costs and risks with policy-based records management
* Risk Notifications and Compliance Dashboard – Monitoring and analysis of all electronic communications including email, IM and voice traffic in real time with automatic alerts to compliance officers, lawyers, managers and employees in order to mitigate potential risk and governance violations