Users and industry observers agree: backup is broken. Users are expressing frustration at ever increasing costs for conventional solutions that no longer do what they’re supposed to do because they are overwhelmed by data growth rates and the impact of server virtualization. Backups are not getting done on time. Recovery takes too long. Users are driven to multiple solutions to solve specific problems. Disaster recovery is complex and unreliable.
Costs are continually rising. What’s needed is a single, integrated combination of hardware and software that resolves all of these problems while delivering ease of use and cost savings from end to end. That solution is NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB).
NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup revolutionizes backup for the new, virtualized world of IT. It uses snapshots and block backup to make backup and recovery 95% faster and 90% smaller on disk – for any primary storage environment.
NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup combines Syncsort data protection software with NetApp high performance disk storage, offering customers a revolutionary change in data protection. It combines “zero impact backup,” data deduplication, instant restore, data replication and support for disk, tape, and physical and virtual servers. It’s flexible enough to work in mixed primary storage environments while consolidating backup processing to a single user interface.
- Reduces VM backup impact 95%
- Backup in minutes instead of hours
- 99.99% backup success rates
- Instant data recovery with 5 minute RTO
- Multiple backups per day
- Designed for virtual environments
- Reduces secondary storage footprint by 90% or more
- Integrated Data Replication
- P2V, V2V and V2P recovery and migration
- Single pane of glass interface
- Supports any primary storage environment, works with all major tape formats
- Maximizes ROI of server virtualization projects
- Eliminates backup window constraints
- Reliably protects critical corporate data
- Rapid return to production limits business impact
- Limits data loss
- Integrates with VMware for ease of management
- Dramatically reduces costs of disk storage, power, cooling and data center floor space
- Provides full Disaster Recovery across sites
- Speeds recovery time and virtualization projects
- Reduces data protection management time by 50% or more
- Protects existing IT investments