NetApp SnapVault disk-to-disk backup software safeguards data at the block level with a fast, streamlined solution.
Providing speed and simplicity for data backup and recovery, NetApp® SnapVault® software leverages block-level incremental replication and NetApp Snapshot™ copies for reliable, low-overhead disk-to-disk (D2D) backup.
- Realise shorter backup windows with block-level incremental backups.
- Achieve higher backup reliability with reduced reliance on tape.
- Reduce bandwidth and disk usage with storage-efficient backups.
- Create fast and simple restores with many recovery points and options.
- Manage petabytes of data via NetApp or third-party backup management tools.
NetApp’s flagship D2D backup solution, SnapVault provides efficient data protection by copying only the data blocks that have changed since the last backup, instead of entire files. As a result, you can back up more often while reducing your storage footprint, because no redundant data is moved or stored. And with direct backups between NetApp systems, SnapVault D2D minimizes the need for external infrastructure and appliances.
By changing the backup paradigm, NetApp SnapVault software simplifies your adaptation to data growth and virtualization, and it streamlines the management of terabytes to petabytes of data. Use the SnapVault backup solution as a part of NetApp’s integrated data protection approach to help create a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure.