Use NetApp FlexVol technology to create virtual volumes; manage and move them independent of physical storage.
NetApp® FlexVol® storage-virtualization technology enables you to respond to changing storage needs fast, lower your overhead, avoid capital expenses, and reduce disruption and risk. FlexVol technology aggregates physical storage in virtual storage pools, so you can create and resize virtual volumes as your application needs change. These virtual volumes can be either thick or thin provisioned.
- Double utilization and improve performance.
- Adapt with ease to changing data storage needs.
- Reduce acquisition costs with built-in thin provisioning.
- Add storage without disruption, according to your needs.
- Size and resize volumes dynamically according to policies.
With FlexVol thin provisioning you can improve—even double—the utilization of your existing storage and save the expense of acquiring more disk space. In addition to increasing storage efficiency, you can improve I/O performance and reduce bottlenecks by distributing volumes across all available disk drives.
- Designed to allow administrators to create multiple flexible volumes across a large pool of disks. Dynamic, non-disruptive storage (thin) provisioning; space-and time-efficiency.
- Allows applications and users to get more space dynamically and non-disruptively without IT staff intervention. Can enable more productive use of available storage and helps improve performance.
- Dynamic, non-disruptive storage (thin) provisioning; space-and time-efficiency.
- Allows users to get more space dynamically and non-disruptively.
- Enables more productive use of available storage and helps improve performance