Handle data growth and reduce IT disruptions by using Data ONTAP 8, the #1 branded storage operating system.*
- Gain efficiency and scalability by using the industry-leading storage OS.
- Perform lifecycle operations without interrupting business operations.
- Simplify, automate, and increase productivity while lowering IT costs.
- Start small and grow big, in both SAN and NAS environments.
NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 software delivers a unified storage platform for scalability and flexibility and features clustering capabilities to keep your business running nonstop. Data ONTAP paves the way for customers deploying Software-Defined Data Centers, which cut through the performance, availability, and efficiency limits of traditional hardware-silo models.
More customers use Data ONTAP than any other storage operating system[*] because it enables business agility with no disruption to operations. In a single, feature-rich platform, clustered Data ONTAP lets you scale your infrastructure without increasing IT staff. Benefits include:
- Perform storage maintenance, hardware lifecycle operations, and software upgrades without interrupting your business.
- Eliminate planned and unplanned downtime for continuous business availability.
- Drive pervasive storage-cost reductions by using the most comprehensive storage efficiency offering in the industry.
- Save time and money by consolidating and sharing the same infrastructure for workloads or tenants with different performance, capacity, and security requirements.
- Scale capacity, performance, and operations without compromise, regardless of application.
- Scale SAN and NAS from terabytes to tens of petabytes without reconfiguring running applications.
Supporting multiple network protocols, the NetApp Data ONTAP 8 storage platform helps consolidate mixed-IT environments.
In today’s collaborative business environment, you need a unified storage platform to support the variety of applications in your organization. The NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 storage operating system delivers native support for SAN and NAS storage workloads, including Fibre Channel, FCoE, and iSCSI, as well as the latest versions of NFS and SMB/CIFS network protocols. Data ONTAP 8 scales, regardless of protocol, from small to large systems using the same features and data management tools.
Data ONTAP 8 is ideal for your virtualized, UNIX®, Windows®, and Linux® environments, no matter how complex your data storage configuration. And Data ONTAP 8 features clustering capabilities that improve operational efficiency. You can focus on your applications and let clustered Data ONTAP handle the security and availability of your data.
Data ONTAP 8 simplifies data management tasks, increasing IT efficiency and freeing staff to focus on business growth.
When “do more with less” is your goal, every gain in IT efficiency counts. The NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 storage operating system delivers a scalable, shared infrastructure that enables you to store more data in less space, so you can retain data on disk for longer periods of time. Data ONTAP 8 also offers clustering capabilities that can reduce both capital and operational costs associated with power and cooling.
Efficient Space Utilization
- Replicate data volumes and datasets as space-saving virtual clones.
- Use transparent inline and post-process data compression for data reduction.
- Remove redundant data objects with general-purpose deduplication.
- Reduce cost per TB by up to 46% by enabling the use of SATA technology.
- Lower acquisition costs by using ‘just-in-time’ storage with built-in thin provisioning.
- Maximize your shared-storage investments by taking advantage of native multi-tenancy and QoS features designed for multiple workloads and tenants.
Learn more about NetApp storage efficiency features:
Business continuity requires that data be online and accessible. That’s why comprehensive data protection is a core component of the NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 storage operating system. NetApp Integrated Data Protection provides availability, backup, compliance, and disaster recovery (DR) services, right from the storage platform.
- Zero-overhead, double-parity RAID-DP® protection
- High availability, DR, backup, and compliance in an agile architecture
- Secure retention that meets enterprise storage compliance requirements
Data ONTAP 8 offers clustering capabilities that enable nondisruptive operations and increase operational efficiency. Data ONTAP 8 data protection services leverage NetApp storage efficiency technologies and provide integration with leading-edge data protection applications. Your organization can reduce both storage and data management costs to lower total cost of ownership.
Data ONTAP 8 data protection features include: